Sunday, July 5, 2015

One Rainy Sunday

Nothing much to tell about the title. Just that I am quite hurriedly writing this because of a number of stuff that needs to get done before this day ends because tomorrow already has its own full plate of TTDs (things to do).

Opened a new tab while doing research just now for a paper I am writing when I saw this in one of the links. Wondering the last time I was here and wrote something...as it turns out, its been a long while.

...and as I try to save drafts, I see some of them in there. So that's where all the posts are all this time. Someone's got some major editing and reading to do. Hint: that's someone is no other than yours truly.

I am thinking of ways to keep posts coming in this place. Surely, I have more than 2,000 words to say on a daily basis and I don't get to talk that much to anyone since I work from home. Besides, what better way to share awll the things I read and see than having them here.

This is one place I've long thought of having its own hosting  but still having doubts on how to get it all off the ground. I remember asking one blogger how she manages to maintain at least 5 active blogs  - 2 of which are award winning - and have time to write for all of them on top of her mom and wife duties. She told me the writing  comes very easy once you get used to it.

Well, I've been writing since I was in third grade and started my first blogs with Friendster and Live Journal. I've been a ghost writer since 2005 and started doing that professionally in 2012...but the writing never became easy.

Not that it's gotten harder, either. Its just that it remained either motivated by reward or inspiration.

Now, I am not sure why I keep on blabbering about it when the simple answer is this: I never developed tha habit of "blogging" regularly. Sure, I wrote replied to emails daily, wrote manuals and procedures here and there, drafted contracts and pitches once in a while, produced academic and marketing papers on demand, and wrote rhymes and verses once in a while, yet I never worked on producing blog content regularly. Never pushed myself enough to make it a habit.

And so we for the next 66 days, the  habit should be updating personal blogs here and there and there. Make this a pseudorevival of the A Blog A Day Challenge but this time, we'll work harder on producing daily content. The goal is not PageRank but to build the habit of consistancy since I really suck at keeping my blogs updated despite blogging prefessionally for almost 4 years now.

Hope you take this journey with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment