Sunday, June 19, 2011

Revival

Having slept a few hours longer than usual yesterday, I feel revived. I've been up for 12 hours and haven't really done much but play games on Facebook and do some reading online. Missed a few days online adjusting to my new schedule and learning new stuff for work.

Today is Sunday and though I still have a lot of things to do, I can afford to stall a while because I'm enjoying the second day of another long weekend.:)

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.


Today is also my alma mater's 46th founding anniversary. It was 2005 when I first came to PLM and now,6 years and 2 degrees later, I am not about to leave. Thank you for the wisdom, the knowledge, the people...truly you have been a wonderful influence and a life-changing experience. "Sa aking Pamantasang mahal, Mabuhay Ka!

Most significantly, today is the 150th birth anniversary of perhaps the most influential Filipino there ever was, Gat Jose Rizal. Doctor, author, artist, linguist, educator, nationalist. His life shaped and helped defined who we are today. The characters he shaped in his novels are still very much alive in Philippine society today and his teachings for love of our own still holds true.

I cannot speak of the fate of his mother's house, the life of his beloved Josephine Bracken after his execution, or if there ever was a retraction. Physically, he was like every bit of you and me but his life has always been lived for something bigger than himself and that what sets him apart.

A life lived with a purpose and commitment is truly inspiring. It made me look at my own...maybe you'll get to read that in here next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment